Thank you for participating in this Diversity Novels project and welcome to our blog. This is a place where we will share comments, opinions, questions and answers about our novels. When commenting, please identify yourself using your first name and home school. ie Susan from Northlake. Please keep in mind that when you participate in this blog, it is required that you follow the WRDSB Responsible Use Policy.
In the comments area of this first post, please share the title of your book and the author's name, as well as why you selected this book.
The book I chose is:
ReplyDeleteGeography Club by Brent Hartinger.
I selected this novel because I thought that it was inteesting how they make a club so they can meet each other.
The book I will read is 'The Black Sunshine of Goody Pryne' by Sarah Withrow.
ReplyDeleteI chose this book because it has unstable street kids and that was the closest to what I normally read, spernatural romance and sci-fi. Also the 'Black Sunshine' part of the title was intreaging to me, a fan of darker light.
The book I'm reading is geography club. I choose it because this gay guy makes a club called Geography club and it seems a bit funny too.
ReplyDeleteThe novel I chose is:
ReplyDelete"My Heartbreak" by Garret Freymann-Weyr
I felt the urge to read this novel because when I read the little sneak peek of the book on the inside tap, it reminded me of a situation I delt with involving myself and my friend a few weeks ago. I'd really like to see how this character deals with this issue that she's going through.
A bonus was that this novel is in a fourteen year old girl's perspective, so I believe I will be able to relate to her fairly easily.
The book I chose is:
ReplyDeleteBad Boy by Diana Wieler
I selected this novel because it seemed inturesting from the cover and the description. It was about two friends who play hockey on a triple A team which inturests me because I also play rep hockey. I also selected this novel because I usually don't read novels of this genre. I am more inturested in fantasy novels.
The book I chose is called From the Notebooks of Melanin Sun.
ReplyDeleteI chose it because its about a guy who finds out his mom is lesbian and he's not sure how to cope with the situation. It seems really interesting and unique.
The book I chose is titled "The Geography Club", written by Brent Hartinger. I chose this book because it looked like it might last me more than an hour, and also because it sounded positive about the topic of LGBTQ students.
ReplyDeleteThe book that I chose is called "Bad Boy" by Diana Wieler. I chose this book because there is a picture of a hockey player on the cover amd theree was a description of two boys playing hockey on the back.
ReplyDeleteThe book I chose is titled "My Heartbeat" written by Garret Freymann-Weyr. I chose this book because the problem in the book is relatable and so is the girl's perspective.
ReplyDeleteI chose a book called "Holly's secret" by Nancy Garden. I chose this book because Holly's opinion is new to me in that she is scared of telling anyone her parents are gay. Lots of my friends are gay and I have a few friends whose parents are gay, but they are all proud of that. Hearing a different opinion will be interesting to me.
ReplyDeleteI chose the book "Bad Boy" by Diana Wieler. I chose this book because I like hockey and it seemed interesting.
ReplyDeleteI chose the book "the black sunshine of goody pryne" by Sarah Withrow.
ReplyDeleteI chose this book because after reading the firt page I was intreged more then with any of the other books.
I chose the book "From The Notebooks of Melanin Sun" because I like how it's in the perspective of someone who is not LGBTQ but instead someone who is close to another person who is LGBTQ. I've read a few pages of the book and I like Melanin's personality so far, someone who is reserved and quiet, and he writes whatever he thinks or wants to say in his notebook. Also, Anushka was reading this book, so I thought I should try reading it too.
ReplyDelete